Elisa B. started as a crazy dream. Then it became one of those “what if…” ideas—followed by months of searching for a location, lining up designers, and worrying about every detail.
Elisa Bruley’s vision of the perfect retail environment started with just two words: no chrome! Elisa B. opened in 1993 in the historic One Colorado complex in Old Pasadena. The store had dozens of parties, sales, trunk shows and other events over the years, but these events are among our favorites:
- Camp Shopalot The greatest convergence of fashion, food, frivolity, friends and Elisa B. frequenters in the store’s history. Happy campers, indeed!
- The Uber-Customer Pajama Party A relaxing experience because most of the customers (along with a few spouses and kids) shuffled into the store in slippers and bedclothes.
- The Speakeasy A production of epic proportions! A 1920’s Prohibition cocktail party, runway show with customer models, Charleston dance exhibition, charity auction, and live band.
- Make Your Own Jewelry workshop Jill Pearson, the creative force behind Wasabi jewelry and Hömage Pasadena, was an enthusiastic and patient teacher. Customers made jewelry for themselves or gifts
- One Warm Coat collection event at Fashion’s Night Out Elisa B. customers and friends generously donated nearly 100 coats for distribution to two local charities.
Elisa B. has been featured on many local and national TV shows, including Access Hollywood, Good Day LA, Style her Famous (on the Style Network), as well morning and evening news shows on KCAL, KCOP and KTLA.
The store is a repeat winner in awards competitions held by The Pasadena Weekly and Pasadena Magazine. Elisa B. even won an award for the best holiday window display.
Elisa B. staffers have welcomed many celebrity shoppers (and their stylists) over the years, including Miley Cyrus, Terri Hatcher, Mischa Barton, Bridget Fonda, Jennifer Love Hewitt, and Angela Bassett. Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam attended one of our anniversary parties. One of our favorite notable customers is the talented Noelle Scaggs from Fitz and the Tantrums. Before the band hit the big time, Noelle worked at Elisa B.!
Now, a bigger, brighter, better Elisa B. has found a home on Holly Street in Old Pasadena. We look forward to seeing you.